(painting by me)
- There are two great days in a person’s life – the day we are born and the day we discover why.
- God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.
- Don’t just count your years, make your years count.
- The way I see it, you should live everyday like its your birthday.
- The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.
- All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.
- You were born an original. Don’t die a copy. – John Mason
- At twenty years of age, the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgement. – Benjamin Franklin
- Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old. – Franz Kafka
- From our birthday, until we die, Is but the winking of an eye. – William Butler Yeats
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. – Buddha
- Born on Monday, Fair in face;
Born on Tuesday, Full of God’s grace;
Born on Wednesday, Sour and sad;
Born on Thursday, Merry and glad;
Born on Friday, Worthily given;
Born on Saturday, Work hard for your living;
Born on Sunday, You will never know want. – Anonymous
- Plant the seeds of Love in your hearts. Let them grow into trees of Service and shower the sweet fruit of Ananda. Share the Ananda with all. That is the proper way to celebrate the Birthday – Sri Sathya Sai Baba
- And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. – Abraham Lincoln